Should you dress conservatively or wear casual attire?
What colors work best?
What types of shoes should you wear?
As a rule, you should dress conservatively for most job interviews. Remember, you only get one shot at making a good first impression.
Here are some basic dress for success tips:
- Research how people in a particular field/organization dress and then dress accordingly. If you’re not sure what the dress code is, dress conservatively.
- Conservative formal dress consists of a suit (gray, navy, or black) with a nice dress shirt/blouse. Shoes should be dark and well-shined. Women can also wear a tailored dress with or without a jacket. Pumps with low to medium heels are best.
- Business casual is a more relaxed look for both men and women. Casual interview wear can consist of a sports coat or jacket with pants or a skirt in an attractive contrasting color. Think: Navy blazer with khaki pants, etc. Add a casual shirt or turtleneck to complete the look.
- Hair and nails should be clean and well-groomed.
- Skip the perfume and aftershave. You don’t want to turn an interviewer off by overpowering their sense of smell.
- Avoid wearing noisy, dangling earrings and bracelets – these can look inappropriate and be distracting. Hide or remove body piercings and tattoos.
Article Link: http://www.articlecity.com/articles/business_and_finance/article_1636.shtml
Dressing Tips for Interview Success
by: Donna Monday